Friday, 27 August 2004

'Free speech' and the P.A.T.R.I.O.T act

I was listening to Bin Rev Radio and they brought up this article, related to the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. act:

NY Times: Computer Student on Trial for Aid to Muslim Web Sites

They're actually trying to take this guy to court because he provided a server for discussion? Is this for real? Aparantly this was in the NY Times. If anyone knows how this turned out or has any more info, please let me know. I meen if the FBI have some sort of secret file on this guy proving he's done something really wrong, then they should tell us, but last time I checked, free speech wasn't a crime in the USA.

I find this ironic considering the America's track record for supporting dictators and terrorists, like the IRA, for instance. The government didn't do anything about that for ages, and that was people collecting cold hard cash! Not providing a web server.

Can't find any real terrorists eh? No problem, just pick on the little guy.

Don't they realise that by acting like this and turning the country into a panic-ridden police state, the terrorists get what they want (i.e. terror)?